Or download our app "Guided Lessons by Education.com" on your device's app store.
All About Orange
Students will be able to identify the colour orange.
- Show students some of the orange items.
- Ask the students if they know the colour of those items.
- Explain that the colour they see is Orange; it can be made by mixing red and yellow.
Explicit Instruction/Teacher modeling(15 minutes)
- Give students The colour Orange worksheet.
- Help them trace the word "orange" as you read the sentences aloud.
- Have them cut the pages to make their mini-books.
Guided practise(10 minutes)
- Have students work on the Orange Things worksheet.
- The students will review some things that are orange.
- Have them name the items and then trace and write the word "orange."
Independent working time(10 minutes)
- Once students have completed the Orange Things worksheet, have them go back to their mini-book and colour the pages.
- Staple students' pages together for them as they finish.
- Enrichment:Challenge advanced students to think of orange things that weren't brought to class today.
- Support:Help struggling students come up with items that are orange.
- Put some of the smaller orange items into the basket.
- Allow students to look through the basket and choose items to examine.
Review and closing(5 minutes)
- As a class, make a list of orange objects.