Or download our app "Guided Lessons by Education.com" on your device's app store.
Students will be able to identify some common body parts.
- Tell the students you are going to listen to a song to help them review their body parts.
- Play the Body Parts Song for KidsVideo. Repeat the video if needed.
Explicit Instruction/Teacher modeling(10 minutes)
- Review body parts with the students. Go over parts that you feel weren't gone over in the body part song.
- Introduce the body tracing activity to the students.
Guided practise(15 minutes)
- Have a student trace you on a piece of paper and help you label your body parts.
- Display you outline and review each body part—head , arms, legs, chest, hands, and feet—with the students.
Independent working time(20 minutes)
- Have students work in pairs and trace each other.
- Once they have traced each other, have them label their bodies.
- Enrichment:Have advanced students use the backs of their worksheets to write descriptions for what each body part does.
- Support:Give struggling students one-on-one assistance with identifying the different body parts.
- Have students complete the Your Body worksheet.
- Collect the worksheet once they're done working. Review it to assess their understanding.
Review and closing(5 minutes)
- Display students' work on the walls of the classroom.