Or download our app "Guided Lessons by Education.com" on your device's app store.
Reptile Activity Level
Are reptiles more active in warmer temperatures?
- What are the advantages and disadvantagesof being cold blooded?
- Are reptiles able to withstand the same range of temperatures that mammals are?
- 10+ gallon terrarium
- Water dish
- Heater (preferably one with a dial)
- Branches for the lizards to bask and climb on
- 3 or 4 social lizards (anoles are a good choice)
Talk to a science teacher or pet shop worker for information about how to care for lizards. Keep in mind that the lizards will need a home after the experiment, so make sure you are able to provide one for them when you are done. It may also be possible to borrow the lizards and the tank from a teacher, a friend, or even from a local pet shop that might be willing to support your scientific experiment.
Warning is hereby given that not all Project Ideas are appropriate for all individuals or in all circumstances. Implementation of any Science Project Idea should be undertaken only in appropriate settings and with appropriate parental or other supervision. Reading and following the safety precautions of all materials used in a project is the sole responsibility of each individual. For further information, consult your state's handbook of Science Safety.